- Facilitate access to information and services for persons with disabilities through vulnerable focal points
- Stockpiling / pre-positioning of assistive devices/mobility aids
- Setting up of ‘Step Down Care Facilities’ in or near hub and satellite hospitals including open space
- Referral linkages with hub and satellite hospital networks; specialized rehabilitation service providers, community based rehabilitation; and social protection agencies
First National Conference on Post-hospital Care for emergencies in Nepal
25 – 26 October 2018/ 8 – 9 Kartik 2075, Kathmandu, Nepal
Welcome and Objective:
Chuda Mani Bhandari, Chief HEDMU/HEOC:
- Shared the objectives of two days National conference on Post-Hospital care in Nepal.
- Nepal Swasthya Chetra Runaniti 2072-2077 B.S
- Brief & background of HEOC, it’s function & role in disaster management cycle
- Bipad Jokhim Nunikaran & bewasthapan Ain 2074 (Disaster risk reduction & Management Act – 2074 B.S)
- Five core function of HEOC (Management, Operation, Planning, Logistic, Finance/ Administration)
- Need of contingency plan at different levels : Provincial, district, municipality, hospital, health facilities level
- As per information, in general province has allocated 3-50% of the budget for Disaster & Emergency.